Monday Morning Reading
Minnesota weekends in July are best spent near one of our 10,000 lakes. Mine was on Upper Pine near Rutledge, Minnesota (population 229). Not bad. Some catching up on recent developments:
- Growing bipartisan interest in getting rid of the 40% excise tax on high cost plans (aka: Cadillac tax). (NYT)
- See also “Alliance to Fight the 40,” a recently organized coalition of advocacy groups. (Fight the 40) Let us know if you want more information.
- Speaking of bipartisanship, last week’s American Benefits Council Policy Board phone call reported on 2 key areas where Rs and Ds are both trying to fix ACA. (We are big ABC fans.)
- So can someone tell us why the Trade Preferences Act of 2015 increases ACA reporting penalties? (LeavittGroup)
- IRS calls it quits (mostly) on offering determination letters for qualified retirement plans. (IRS Announcement 2015-19)
- Big Think playlist features Aspire to Lead: The PwC women’s leadership series. (Big Think)